Paper Mario World 2 Paper Mario World 2

Very nice!

This was actually quite fun. Not the flash game I've ever played, but we certainly don't get very many good Mario platformers. I beaten the game without dying, but was left with 1 HP at the end of the boss fight which got surprisingly tough on the third round. The way Mario takes damage is fidgety and can even keep the player from getting away from danger. I would recommend having Mario blink for a second or two indicating vulnerability from further damage. If I, say, jumped on a spiked goomba, I would keep bouncing off it and lose half my health in just a couple seconds. This can be annoying.

I did still like the sense of challenge. The scarcity of health pickups, and the coin health system. The parts where you have to run to the end due to an impending danger (a boulder, or rising lava) had a suspenseful feel when coupled with the great music choices. And that may be the best part of this game, the music. Nice work on getting all those tracks from the Audio Portal rather than ripping straight from the games. It proves the idea that Newgrounds' content is made by everyone, and not from other projects.

I would have liked to see more variety with the enemies though. The environments proved to be more dangerous than the goombas. Why not add in some more baddies from Mario's universe. Koopas, boos, and any one of the wacky enemies of the Paper Mario games. And since this is supposed to be like Super Mario World as well, how about a few small powerups? Maybe some totally new and original ones?

Overall, this wasn't a waste of effort. With more polish and added content, the next one can be a real hit.

Lesjuh responds:

Thanks for the great review (: I know about the glitchy enemies, it's one of the problems I couldn't figure out actionscript-wise. I'm no genius at it but I think it worked out quite playable haha :P

The Undead Survival Test The Undead Survival Test

The party is a lie.

I always loved the occanional zombie survival readiness tests that come by. I myself wouldn't do well in a real and dangerous outbreak, and the results prove it. This test showed more variety than even the highest rated tests I've tried, which is awesome. All these different fields you need to consider. I agree completely that I'd end up being the driver/medic of a potential team, but I also lack physical prowess and experience with firearms to be a driving force against the undead. The party was also really fun, and the minigames were nice breaks from the standard questions.

Overall, this quiz had flavor, and I totally dug it. :)

Zombie Apocalypse Quiz Zombie Apocalypse Quiz

74% ?

Wow, better than I expected. I'm only 16, lol.

But in a real zombie apocalypse, I'm not sure what I would do. If I was at home, I'd grab a bat, but I don't know where my parents keep the gun, or even if they have ammunition for it. I'd be pretty screwed, and may end up as a liability to the team. But if it was the T-Virus, you'd have to be an idiot, or hopelessly unfit to get killed under normal circumstances. :P

It was a good quiz, pretty standard questions.

Tutorial: Masking Tutorial: Masking

Wow, that's a need technique!

My only complaint was that the automated voice made it hard to hear anything that wasn't already written out. But I never used masking before in the nearly 3 years I've had Flash. And I'm glad to have another skill under my belt. 5/5

I wanna be the flash game I wanna be the flash game

Gahh!

I don't think I cursed this much at a Flash game before!

A Zombie Story A Zombie Story

That was entertaining

Very funny events. After getting a bad ending, and an amazing ending, I actually went ahead and did different things for different outcomes. I like these kinds of games. Even if the story was heavy on randomness. :D

Dodgin Beats: Sonic Dodgin Beats: Sonic

Ahh...

It was very fun to play a game that is dictated by it's music. I was even getting down to the beat. Sure, it's not necessarily front page material, but I enjoyed it. Five'd

bloo-apple responds:

I suppose its really up to the administrators if they want it on the front page or not, anyways, glad you liked it! I always liked making these games because I could feel the rhythm of the song as I played it. I do like syncing remixes rather than actual video game songs though. Thanks for your review!

Modern Weapons Quiz 2 Modern Weapons Quiz 2

Lt. General :)

Not sure if that's especially good. I looked at the answers, and some were pretty surprising. I think this quiz focused too much on the M249, and not enough of other kinds of assault rifles. The SCAR is a popular one these days, I hear.

I like guns, and was happy to take this quiz. Pretty challenging! I don't know much about what we use in the army. I just like learning about the more stylish guns.

Virtual Handgun Virtual Handgun

Dude...

This is awesome. As a gun lover, I thoroughly enjoyed it and reccomend a game combining all types of guns, including these handguns. Very nice.

zOMGies zOMGies

Gah!

I can't beat level 21. The flamethrower bugs me, and the sniper is to slow, so I use the machine gun, and bazooka on big groups, and I just can't make it to the end.

A very challenging game. It doesn't look incredible, but it plays out well, despite the lack of range for most weapons when firing up and down. But I had fun playing it.